sábado, 16 de agosto de 2014

The Five Stages of Grief - by Linda Pastan

Está em inglês, mas é um poema incrível sobre os 5 estágios da perda (ou do luto):

The Five Stages of Grief - by Linda Pastan

The night I lost you 
someone pointed me towards 
the Five Stages of Grief 
Go that way, they said, 
it's easy, like learning to climb 
stairs after the amputation. 
And so I climbed. 
Denial was first. 
I sat down at breakfast 
carefully setting the table 
for two. I passed you the toast--- 

you sat there. I passed 
you the paper---you hid 
behind it. 
Anger seemed so familiar. 
I burned the toast, snatched 
the paper and read the headlines myself. 
But they mentioned your departure, 
and so I moved on to 
Bargaining. What could I exchange 
for you? The silence 
after storms? My typing fingers? 
Before I could decide, Depression 
came puffing up, a poor relation 
its suitcase tied together 
with string. In the suitcase 
were bandages for the eyes 
and bottles sleep. I slid 
all the way down the stairs 
feeling nothing. 
And all the time Hope 
flashed on and off 
in detective neon. 
Hope was a signpost pointing 
straight in the air. 
Hope was my uncle's middle name, 
he died of it. 
After a year I am still climbing, though my feet slip 
on your stone face. 
The treeline 
has long since disappeared; 
green is a color 
I have forgotten. 
But now I see what I am climbing 
towards: Acceptance 
written in capital letters, 
a special headline: 
Acceptance 
its name is in lights. 
I struggle on, 
waving and shouting. 
Below, my whole life spreads its surf, 
all the landscapes I've ever known 
or dreamed of. Below 
a fish jumps: the pulse 
in your neck. 
Acceptance. I finally 
reach it. 
But something is wrong. 
Grief is a circular staircse. 
I have lost you.


Art Valero/Getty Images

0 comentários:

Related Posts with Thumbnails